Sacramento, Calif. - The University of North Dakota women’s tennis team was defeated 7-0 by Big Sky Conference opponent Northern Colorado on Saturday at the Rio Del Oro Racquet Club.
Northern Colorado earned the doubles point by winning all three matches against UND.
The Bears continued to play strong throughout the match, winning all six singles matches.
There were two singles matches that went to three sets. In No. 1 singles, junior Stephanie Petsis (Toronto, Ontario) lost her first set to Jennifer Buchanan. She rallied to take the second set 7-5, but eventually fell in the third set.
Junior Stephanie Biehn (Sherburn, Minn.) also had a three set match against the Bear’s Stephanie Catlin in No. 3 singles.
UND falls to 3-12 on the season and 0-6 in conference play.
North Dakota will play Sacramento State in Big Sky Conference action at 2 p.m. on Sunday at the Rio Del Oro Racquet Club.
Northern Colorado 7, North Dakota 0
1. BUCHANAN, Jennifer (NC) def. PETSIS, Stephanie (UND_W) 6-2, 5-7, 1-0 (10-2)
2. TAPIA, Elizabeth (NC) def. RONKOWSKI, Callie (UND_W) 6-1, 7-6 (7-5)
3. CATLIN, Stephanie (NC) def. BIEHN, Stephanie (UND_W) 6-3, 2-6, 1-0 (12-10)
4. UHLE, Claire (NC) def. SWEEN, Megan (UND_W) 6-0, 6-0
5. HOOLAHAN, Chrissie (NC) def. STEJSKAL, Sarah (UND_W) 6-2, 6-1
6. WALTERS-WEST, Hilary (NC) def. LAWRENCE, Mindy (UND_W) 6-1, 6-2
1. TAPIA, Elizabeth/CATLIN, Stephanie (NC) def. PETSIS, Stephanie/BIEHN, Stephanie (UND_W) 8-3
2. HOOLAHAN, Chrissie/UHLE, Claire (NC) def. RONKOWSKI, Callie/STEJSKAL, Sarah (UND_W) 8-3
3. BUCHANAN, Jennifer/WALTERS-WEST, Hilary (NC) def. SWEEN, Megan/LAWRENCE, Mindy (UND_W) 8-2