GRAND FORKS, N.D. – The University of North Dakota women’s tennis team finished of their weekend sweep at home by defeating Omaha, 5-2, on Sunday morning at Choice Health & Fitness. The Fighting Hawks improve to 6-7 on the season.
UND took the early lead in doubles play, splitting with Omaha on No.2 and No.3 matches, leaving it up to Faith Lee and Preethi Kasilingam to clinch the doubles point against Omaha’s Michelle Lo and Janelle Wilson. In a hard fought battle that went into a tiebreaker, UND came out with the win, 7-6 (7-5).
Preethi Kasilingam quickly added UND’s second point on the day by defeating Omaha’s Janelle Wilson in No. 2 singles, 6-0 and 6-2. Faith Lee, Sophie Allen-Fisher, and Mimi Yunker then added to North Dakota’s overall score, making it 5-0. Lee defeated Emily Behling, 6-4, 6-2 in No. 3 singles, while Allen-Fisher beat Kylie Boyer 6-3, 6-4. Yunker topped Michelle Lo in No.1 singlers, 6-3, 6-4.
After a successful weekend at home, North Dakota returns to action at Colorado State on Friday, March 10 at 2 p.m. and continuing play into the spring semester break.
North Dakota 5, Omaha 2
1. Yunker, Mimi (UND) def. Michelle Lo (OMAHA) 6-3, 6-4
2. Kasilingam, Preethi (UND) def. Janelle Wilson (OMAHA) 6-0, 6-2
3. Lee, Faith (UND) def. Emily Behling (OMAHA) 6-4, 6-2
4. Allen-Fisher, Sophie (UND) def. Kylie Boyer (OMAHA) 6-3, 6-4
5. Rylee Tucker (OMAHA) def. Revenig, Alex (UND) 2-6, 6-1, 7-6 (10-8)
6. Kenzie Hill (OMAHA) def. Nakasato, Alysse (UND) 6-1, 1-6, 6-3
1. Lee, Faith/Kasilingam, Preethi (UND) def. Michelle Lo/Janelle Wilson (OMAHA) 7-6 (7-5)
2. Yunker, Mimi/Revenig, Alex (UND) def. Rylee Tucker/Emily Behling (OMAHA) 6-2
3. Kylie Boyer/Kenzie Hill (OMAHA) def. Allen-Fisher, Sophie/Nakasato, Alysse (UND) 6-4