The Fighting Hawks started the dual by winning the doubles point, taking both the No. 1 and No. 2 matches by set scores of 6-3.
Since playing together, Sophie Allen-Fisher and Mimi Yunker have not lost a doubles match, having now won three in a row. Faith Lee and Preethi Kasilingam improved to 7-6 in doubles play this season with the win in the No. 2 doubles match.
In singles play, South Dakota took the lead with wins in the No. 3 and No. 1 singles matches, but UND responded with a win in the No. 2 match to tie the dual at 2-2.
Yunker posted her ninth win of the season, taking the No. 2 singles match, 3-6, 6-4, 6-2.
However, the Coyotes went on to win the remaining three matches to finish off the win.
North Dakota resumes Big Sky Conference competition next weekend, March 25, with a lone dual at Sacramento State.
South Dakota 5, North Dakota 2
1. Burns,Ellie (USD) def. Kasilingam, Preethi (UND) 7-6, 6-0
2. Yunker, Mimi (UND) def. Kollarova,Barbora (USD) 3-6, 6-4, 6-2
3. Sidenko,Yuliya (USD) def. Allen-Fisher, Sophie (UND) 6-2, 6-3
4. Nylund,Nanette (USD) def. Lee, Faith (UND) 6-3, 2-6, 6-4
5. Bondarenko,Anastasia (USD) def. Nakasato, Alysse (UND) 6-1, 6-2
6. Pandya,Maria (USD) def. Revenig, Alex (UND) 6-2, 6-4
1. Allen-Fisher, Sophie/Yunker, Mimi (UND) def. Kollarova,Barbora/Nylund,Nanette (USD) 6-3
2. Lee, Faith/Kasilingam, Preethi (UND) def. Bondarenko,Anastasia/Sidenko,Yuliya (USD) 6-3
3. Burns,Ellie/Wich,Hannah (USD) def. Nakasato, Alysse/Revenig, Alex (UND) 6-1