LINCOLN, Neb. - The University of North Dakota women's tennis team was blanked by the Nebraska Cornhuskers Saturday after noon at the Dillon Tennis Center.
Nebraska won all nine matches on the day without losing a set. The most competitive matches on the day were in No. 1 and No. 2 doubles competition; both games went to a 7-5 decision.
North Dakota gets right back into action by taking on SIU Edwardsville Sunday, also in Lincoln, Neb.
Nebraska 7, North Dakota 0
1. Brianna Lashway (NEB) def. Palumbo, Carmen (UND) 6-1, 6-1
2. Claire Reifeis (NEB) def. Hartnett, Elly (UND) 6-3, 6-0
3. P.Del Cueto Castillo (NEB) def. Kasilingam, Preethi (UND) 6-0, 6-2
4. Katerina Matysova (NEB) def. Sullivan, Isa (UND) 6-1, 6-0
5. Hayley Haakenstad (NEB) def. Finnigan, Zahra (UND) 6-1, 6-0
6. Jeannie Lozowski (NEB) def. Yasunaga, Jaylee (UND) 6-3, 6-1
1. P.Del Cueto Castillo/Brianna Lashway (NEB) def. Palumbo, Carmen/Hartnett, Elly (UND) 7-5
2. Claire Reifeis/Hayley Haakenstad (NEB) def. Sullivan, Isa/Kasilingam, Preethi (UND) 7-5
3. Vasanti Shinde/Katerina Matysova (NEB) def. Yasunaga, Jaylee/Finnigan, Zahra (UND) 6-1