SEATTLE, Wash - The University of North Dakota women's tennis team fell to Seattle 4-3 in Seattle Washington Friday night in Seattle, Washington.
Seattle started out on top by clinching the doubles point by winning the No. 1 and No. 3 doubles matches, but UND was able to get a win in No. 2 doubles with a great effort from Isa Sullivan and Preethi Kasilingam. If it wasn't for the clutch play by Seattle in doubles the Fighting Hawks could have come out with a win, because the two teams split and went 3-3 in singles competition.
Freshman Jaylee Yasunaga was able to get her first collegiate win by defeating Seattles Lily-Ana Kreutzer 6-3, 6-1 to put give us a point and give Yasunaga some confidence.
Kasilingam and Sullivan also stayed hot from doubles play and both were able to get wins to give UND two more points on the day. Sullivan defeated Kyra Jung 6-2, 6-1 in No. 3 singles, while Kasilingam topped Kelli Woodman 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 in No. 4 singles.
The lady Fighting Hawks will finish off their roadtrip in Portland, Ore. against Big Sky opponent Portland State on Sunday at noon.
Seattle 4, North Dakota 3
- Lui, Michelle (SU) def. Palumbo, Carmen (UND) 7-6, 6-2
- Gianan, Hannah (SU) def. Hartnett, Elly (UND) 6-4, 1-6, 7-6 (7-3)
- Sullivan, Isa (UND) def. Jung, Kyra (SU) 6-2, 6-1
- Kasilingam, Preethi (UND) def. Woodman, Kelli (SU) 2-6, 6-3, 6-3
- McCollister, Kali (SU) def. Finnigan, Zahra (UND) 7-5, 4-6, 6-2
- Yasunaga, Jaylee (UND) def. Lily-Ana Kreutzer (SU) 6-3, 6-1