HARLINGEN, Texas -- Despite wins at No. 1 and No. 2 singles, North Dakota saw its season come to an end today with a 4-2 loss to CSU Bakersfield in the Great West Conference Tournament fifth-place match.
Sophomores Stephanie Petsis (Toronto, Ontario) and Stephanie Biehn (Sherburn, Minn.) were respondible for UND's singles wins, with Petsis defeating Veronica Dimas 6-1 and 6-0 at No. 1 singles, and Biehn downing Daniela Dimas 6-3 and 6-2 at No. 2.
CSUB won the remaining three singles matches and swept the doubles point.
UND's injury-plagued season ended with a 2-18 overall record after having made back-to-back appearances in the GWC championship match.
1. Stephanie Petsis (UND) def. Veronica Dimas (CSUB) 6-1, 6-0
2. Stephanie Biehn (UND) def. Daniela Dimas (CSUB) 6-3, 6-2
3. Julian Mannix (CSUB) def. Sarah Stejskal (UND) 7-5, 6-2
4. Estefania Limpias (CSUB) def. Megan Sween (UND) 6-2, 6-1
5. Nancy Ramirez (CSUB) def. Mindy Lawrence (UND) 6-4, 6-3
6. Lindsey Viegut (UND) vs. Charlotte Hughes (CSUB) 7-5, 2-6, 0-3, unfinished
1. Julian Mannix/Estefania Limpias (CSUB) def. Stephanie Petsis/Stephanie Biehn (UND) 8-4
2. Veronica Dimas/Daniela Dimas (CSUB) def. Sarah Stejskal/Megan Sween (UND) 8-5
3. Nancy Ramirez/Charlotte Hughes (CSUB) def. Mindy Lawrence/Lindsey Viegut (UND) 8-6