Swimming, diving opens 2014 calendar year at home
WATCH IT LIVE
UNDsports.com will have a free video webcast available for Friday's action against Grand Canyon. Catch the diving portion beginning at 3:00 p.m. with the full meet to follow at 4:00 p.m. Matt Schill will provide commentary. Watch it here.
If you can't make it to Hyslop or watch the webcast, you can still follow along with live results on desktop or mobile. The meet will be available on the MeetMobile app. Download it for free in the Google Play store or iTunes store. The live results can be found here.
UND will travel to Colorado Springs, Colo., and host Air Force for a four-team dual. The following week will see UND conclude the home portion of its schedule against the Coyotes of South Dakota on Jan. 25.
The University of North Dakota men's and women's swimming teams completed a very successful three-day TYR Invite hosted by Northwestern University Nov. 22-24. The UND men were sixth in the team standings with the UND women placing seventh thanks to numerous season-best times. All told, every event but one in which UND competed saw a new top season time etched at this meet.
"Overall, I was very pleased with our results from this invitational," UND head coach Chris Maiello said. "There was some outstanding competition and it was great for our program to rise up and swim fast times.
ADDING TO THE MIX
Head coach Chris Maiello announced his first recruiting class, a group of 17 commitments earlier this year. The class includes eight male swimmers, eight female swimmers and a female diver all set to continue their education and athletic careers at UND beginning in the fall of 2014.
ONCE, TWICE, THREE TIMES EBERLE
Senior diver Richard Eberle has been named the Western Athletic Conference's Male Diver of the Week three different times this season. The Fort Collins, Colo., native is in the top three from all three diving distances in the WAC this season (see below).
Several UND swimmers appear in the top 10 of the WAC's top times so far this season. Here's a look at some of the top performances:
5. Erin Grabanski 100 back 56.68
7. Rachael Waldbillig 3 meter dive 255.40
7. Camille Merwin 200 breast 2:20.13
7. Morgan Lynch 1650 free 17:20.67
8. Courtney Funk 50 free 23.81
8. Rachael Waldbillig Platform dive 162.25
8. Morgan Lynch 500 free 5:00.54
9. Alison Tonsager 1000 free 10:36.21
10. Nicole Stevens 100 breast 1:04.92
10. Erin Grabanski 50 free 23.97
10. Cassidy Tangeman Platform dive 150.10
10. Lexi Eissinger 3 meter dive 248.60
10. Rachael Waldbillig 1 meter dive 247.60
2. Rick Eberle 3 meter dive 328.05
3. Rick Eberle 1 meter dive 301.55
3. Rick Eberle Platform dive 265.25
5. Clayton Metcalf Platform dive 239.40
5. Austin Smith 100 breast 55.65
5. Clayton Metcalf 1 meter dive 272.35
6. Michael Golling 3 meter dive 283.75
6. Michael Golling 1 meter dive 271.85
8. Clayton Metcalf 3 meter dive 273.60
8. Noah Lucas 500 free 4:30.39
10. Austin Smith 200 breast 2:04.22
10. Adam Gannon 100 breast 57.15
10. Keith Krawza 1 meter dive 250.00
Extras for the North Dakota fan
UND INSIDER Live and On-demand Audio & Video
Post 2-27-16: Wielinski, Liedy, Murray, and the Men 400 Yard...
Post 2-27-16: Strom, Maiello
Post 02-26-16: Chanas-LaRue, Wielinski, 200 Freestyle Relay Team
Post 02-26-16: Maiello, Strom
Post 02-25-16: Maiello, Strom
Highlights: 2016 WAC Championship Preview
Archived Meet 1-30-16: Swim/dive vs USD
Swim recap 1-30-16: Maiello, Strom
Swim/Dive 1-29-16: Seniors preview USD dual
Archived Meet 11-7-15: Swimming and Diving vs Minnesota
Archived Meet 10-17-15: UND vs SDSU
Recap: Swimming vs SDSU 10-17-15