GRAND FORKS, N.D. – The University of North Dakota women’s tennis team defeated St. Cloud State, 7-0, on Friday afternoon at Choice Health and Fitness.
The win ends a three-game losing streak for UND, and is the team’s third shutout of the season.
North Dakota started the day by sweeping the doubles point.
In the No. 1 and No. 2 singles, Stephanie Petsis and Callie Ronkowski, respectively, won their matches without conceding a single point to the Huskies. Lacey Sprinkel at No. 3 and Faith Lee at No. 4 won their respective matches 6-2, 6-0 and 6-1, 6-2. Mikaela Bennett won her match by scores of 6-1 and 6-1.
Playing in the No. 6 singles, Alyssa Carlson forced a third set in her match to win 4-6, 6-4, 10-5.
The women’s tennis team returns to the court on Sunday, March 30, to take on Sacramento State for its final home dual of the season at 9 a.m.
Tennis Match Results
St. Cloud State University vs North Dakota
Mar 28, 2014 at Grand Forks, N.D.
(Choice Health and Fitness)
North Dakota 7, St. Cloud State University 0
1. PETSIS, Stephanie (UND) def. Kotschevar, Katie (SCSU) 6-0, 6-0
2. RONKOWSKI, Callie (UND) def. Roque Diversi, M. (SCSU) 6-0, 6-0
3. SPRINKEL, Lacey (UND) def. Zwiener, Rachael (SCSU) 6-2, 6-0
4. LEE, Faith (UND) def. Voelker, Jamie (SCSU) 6-1, 6-2
5. BENNETT, Mikaela (UND) def. O'Brien, El (SCSU) 6-1, 6-1
6. CARLSON, Alyssa (UND) def. Pung, Gabbie (SCSU) 4-6, 6-4, 10-5
1. RONKOWSKI, Callie/BENNETT, Mikaela (UND) def. Kotschevar, Katie/Siegfried, Maribelle (SCSU) 8-2
2. SPRINKEL, Lacey/LEE, Faith (UND) def. Zwiener, Rachael/Voelker, Jamie (SCSU) 8-1
3. BIEHN, Stephanie/PETSIS, Stephanie (UND) def. Pung, Gabbie/Marlton, Tori (SCSU) 8-4