The teams were split into two teams of seven with two players not dressed (Anna Pioske, Faith Dooley). The Black team won the first set, 25-23 and the White team was a 25-22 winner in the second set. Some brief highlights below:
- Senior Jessica Fontes led all players with 11 kills (11k-8e-28a). She added three block assists, an ace and two digs.
- Sophomore Chelsea Moser had a nice night with seven kills and six total blocks.
- Senior setter Nikki Husfeldt generated 18 assists and had nine digs and two kills.
- Senior transfer Magda Zietek split time on both teams and combined to total six kills.
- True freshman Sydney Griffin looked comfortable in the offense, churning out 19 assists with a pair of kills and eight digs.
- Junior transfer Kristen Giesbrecht also split time between the squads and produced five kills on eight swings with no errors.
- Dooley's paper defeated Pioske's rock in a gripping rock-paper-scissors to determine the winner.
The team now prepares for three matches this weekend at George Washington University. UND battles Auburn Friday morning in the season opener.