NORTHFIELD, Minn. – The University of North Dakota men’s tennis team closed out their season on Monday afternoon, defeating St. Olaf, 8-1, as each doubles match scores a point.
UND defeated St. Olaf in two of the three matches, which gave North Dakota a 2-1 edge at the end of doubles competition.
In No. 1 doubles, Dustin Britton and Travis Lau topped St. Olaf’s Christian Beck and Danny Hogan 8-6, while Matt Hokanson and Alex Mailes teamed up to down Sam Hohenshell and Christopher Prokasch 9-8 in No. 3 doubles.
In singles competition, the Fighting Hawks swept the Oles in all six matches, while only dropping two sets total.
North Dakota’s Travis Lau went into a three set tiebreaker, but, ultimately, defeated Danny Hogan 4-6, 6-3, 1-0 (10-8) in No. 2 singles. UND’s Ty Misialek won the additional close set by topping Corey Loken 6-0, 4-6, 1-0 (10-5) in No. 3 singles.
North Dakota finishes their 2017 season with an overall record of 6-15 and a Big Sky Conference record of 2-9.
North Dakota 8, St. Olaf 1
1. Britton, Dustin (UND) def. Christian Beck (STO) 6-4, 6-3
2. Lau, Travis (UND) def. Danny Hogan (STO) 4-6, 6-3, 1-0 (10-8)
3. Misialek, Ty (UND) def. Sam Hohenshell (STO) 6-0, 4-6, 1-0 (10-5)
4. Danyluk, Simon (UND) def. Corey Loken (STO) 6-2, 6-3
5. Mailes, Alex (UND) def. Gus Fedje-Johnson (STO) 6-2, 6-0
6. Hokanson, Matt (UND) def. Christopher Prokosch (STO) 6-2, 6-4