MISSOULA, Mont. - The University of North Dakota men's tennis team was taken down by the University of Montana Griz 7-0 Saturday morning in Missoula, Montana.
The Fighting Hawks seemed to have an almosgt identical result of yesterday's dual against Montana State, but this time the Fighting Hawks were able to come out with a single win.
Montana started off the day right away by taking the first two doubles matches 6-2 and 6-1, so the last game went unfinished to speed things up.
In singles competition, Montana stayed dominant and almost swept the Fighting Hawks in every match. Daniel Martinez was able to get one 7-6 (3-7) victory in the first set of the No. 3 singles match, but Montana came back and won the two remaining sets.
After a tough trip to Montana the Fighting Hawks are hoping to have some luck against Southern Utah on March 15 in Cedar Rapids, Utah at 2:30pm
Montana 7, North Dakota 0
- CASADEVALL, Victor (UM) def. Buth, Lukas (UND) 6-2, 6-1
- SCHMIDL, Yannick (UM) def. Laska, Annei (UND) 6-0, 6-0
- CANELLOPOULOS, Alex (UM) def. Martinez, Daniel (UND) 6-7 (3-7), 6-4, 1-0 (10-7)
- KORKH, Max (UM) def. Callegari, Davide (UND) 6-0, 6-1
- TEJERINA, Ignacio (UM) def. Mailes, Alex (UND) 6-4, 6-2
- HALLGREN, Ludvig (UM) def. Terrell, Hunter (UND) 6-0, 6-1