OMAHA, Neb. - The University of North Dakota men's tennis team was defeated by Creighton 5-2 on Saturday afternoon at Hanscom Tennis Center in Omaha, Nebraska.
To earn the first point on the day, Creighton swept North Dakota in doubles play.
Creighton went on to win all matches, but the No. 3 and No. 6 to clinch the overall victory. In No. 3 singles, Davide Callegari defeated Creighton's Alex Koca 5-7, 6-1, 6-3 and in No. 6 singles play, Hunter Terrell topped Jose Oscar Diaz 7-6, 1-6, 1-0 (11-9) in a tiebreaker to record his first collegiate win.
North Dakota will finish off their road trip to Omaha with a game against Omaha at 10:00 a.m. Sunday morning.
Creighton 5, North Dakota 2
1. Brooks Kendall (CU) def.Martinez, Daniel (UND) 6-4, 7-5
2. Stratton Brown (CU) def. Laska, Annei (UND) 6-3, 6-0
3. Callegari, Davide (UND) def. Alex Koca (CU) 5-7, 6-1, 6-3
4. Armando Gandini (CU) def. Mailes, Alex (UND) 6-4, 6-3
5. Daniel Lopez-Rey (CU) def. Yeacker, Ben (UND) 6-0, 6-2
6. Terrell, Hunter (UND) def. Jose Oscar Diaz (CU) 7-6, 1-6, 1-0 (11-9)