COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – The University of North Dakota women’s tennis team fell to Air Force on Saturday by a team score of 7-0.
Due to injuries, UND was unable to compete in the No. 3 doubles, and Air Force took the doubles point by winning the No. 1 doubles match 8-6. The duo of Stephanie Petsis and Lacey Sprinkel won the No. 2 doubles match, 8-2.
After taking the doubles point, the Falcons then went on to sweep the singles matches. UND only competed in five of the six singles matches, having to forfeit the No. 6 singles match due to injuries.
Stephanie Biehn took her match to three sets after winning the first set 6-3. She lost the second set, 6-4, and then fell in the breaker 10-2.
UND finishes out the regular season with a trip to Montana on April 19, before taking on Montana State on April 20 in Bozeman, Mont.
Air Force 7, North Dakota 0
Saturday, April 5, 2014
1. Anastasia Hueffner / Marcelli Magday (AF) def. Callie Ronkowski / Mikaela Bennett, 8-6
2. Stephanie Petsis / Lacey Sprinkel (ND) def. Tracy Landram / Jocelle Rudico, 8-2
3. Lily Forlini / Chloe Forlini (AF) won by default
1. Tiffany Tran (AF) def. Stephanie Petsis, 7-5, 6-1
2. Mary Meyers (AF) def. Callie Ronkowski, 6-0, 6-4
3. Natasha Rizvi (AF) def. Lacey Sprinkel, 6-2, 6-1
4. Marcelli Magday (AF) def. Stephanie Biehn, 3-6, 6-4, 10-2
5. Lily Forlini (AF) def. Mikaela Bennett, 6-3, 2-0 ret.
6. Tracy Landram (AF) won by default