Cedar Falls, Iowa – The University of North Dakota women’s tennis team fell to the University of Northern Iowa by a score of 5-2 on Friday evening at the Black Hawk Tennis Club.
Northern Iowa earned the doubles point to start the match, defeating UND in each of the doubles competitions.
In singles action, junior Callie Ronkowski (Grand Forks, N.D.) defeated Jieke Stroobant in No. 2 singles in three sets.
Freshman Faith Lee (Andover, Minn.) beat Sydney Wolf in No. 6 singles with scores of 6-3 and 6-4.
North Dakota will return to action on Saturday when they play Creighton and Western Illinois.
UNI 5, UND 2
1. Erica Medlin/Jieke Stroobant (UNI) def. PETSIS, Stephanie/BIEHN, Stephanie (UND) 6-1
2. Elvira Lopez/Astrid Santos (UNI) def. LEE, Faith/RONKOWSKI, Callie (UND) 6-0
3. Krissy Lankelma/Sydney Wolfe (UNI) def. SPRINKEL, Lacey/BENNETT, Mikaela (UND) 6-2
1. Erica Medlin (UNI) def. PETSIS, Stephanie (UND) 6-4, 6-1
2. RONKOWSKI, Callie (UND) def. Jieke Stroobant (UNI) 5-7, 6-3, 1-0 (11-9)
3. Elvira Lopez (UNI) def. SPRINKEL, Lacey (UND) 6-3, 6-3
4. Astrid Santos (UNI) def. BIEHN, Stephanie (UND) 6-1, 6-1
5. Krissy Lankelma (UNI) def. BENNETT, Mikaela (UND) 6-0, 6-0
6. LEE, Faith (UND) def. Sydney Wolfe (UNI) 6-3, 6-4