BOZEMAN, MONT. – The University of North Dakota tennis team was defeated by Montana State in its final match of the season by a score of 6-1 at the Anderson Tennis Center on Sunday, April 20.
Montana State earned the doubles point by winning the first two doubles competitions. The closest doubles match came between senior Stephanie Petsis (Toronto, Ontario) and junior Callie Ronkowski (Grand Forks, N.D.) and Paulina Lopez and Jessica Brycki at No. 1 doubles. The duo fell to the Bobcats with a score of 8-6.
Ronkowski was the lone singles winner for UND. She defeated Lopez with scores of 6-4, 6-0 at No. 2 singles.
North Dakota ends the season with an overall record of 6-13 and a 3-7 record in Big Sky Conference play.
Montana State 6, North Dakota 1
1. MIDDEL, Laura (MSU) def. PETSIS, Stephanie (UND) 6-1, 6-1
2. RONKOWSKI, Callie (UND) def. LOPEZ, Paulina (MSU) 6-4, 6-0
3. CRUM, Ellie (MSU) def. BIEHN, Stephanie (UND) 6-3, 6-2
4. TSAN, Wena (MSU) def. BENNETT, Mikaela (UND) 6-3, 6-3
5. CRUM, Molly (MSU) def. CARLSON, Alyssa (UND) 6-0, 6-0
6. BRYCKI, Jessica (MSU) def. No player (UND), by default
1. LOPEZ, Paulina/BRYCKI, Jessica (MSU) def. PETSIS, Stephanie/RONKOWSKI, Callie (UND) 8-6
2. MIDDEL, Laura/CRUM, Ellie (MSU) def. BENNETT, Mikaela/BIEHN, Stephanie (UND) 8-3
3. TSAN, Wena/CRUM, Molly (MSU) def. No player/No player (UND), by default