GRAND FORKS, N.D. – In anticipation of the University of North Dakota’s second year in the Big Sky Conference, UND Athletics Director Brian Faison and Ralph Engelstad Arena General Manager Jody Hodgson jointly announced today several changes to the Betty Engelstad Sioux Center (BESC) for the 2013-14 basketball season.
The changes, aimed at enhancing fan experience and customer service, include:
- The UND Pride of the North band has been moved from the Northwest bleacher section to the Southwest bleacher section (Section 415) to enhance the student atmosphere at the games.
- There will also be a new concession option provided on the North club lounge level this year called the Center Court Cantina. This Mexican-themed concession stand will provide a wide variety of new beverage and food options.
- The concession area for ALL UND home basketball games and events has been moved from the South side of the BESC to the North side.
- The KidZone will again be offered at ALL UND home basketball games and will move from the North side of the BESC to the South side.
- Ralph Engelstad Arena has added a 3,100 sq. ft. storage addition to the SW corner of the BESC. This building will provide additional storage for UND Athletics teams housed in the BESC while providing convenience in building conversions for other events held at the arena.
These changes are being made in an effort to improve fan experience, customer service, concession variety, and BESC conversion efficiency.
Season ticket holders with questions or concerns about their seat location in relation to the proximity of the band are encouraged to call the UND Box Office at 701.777.4689 for assistance.
To purchase season tickets for UND basketball, visit UNDsports.com/Tickets, call 701.777.4582 or purchase in person at the UND Ticket Office at Ralph Engelstad Arena.
Season ticket packages can be purchased for as low as $90 per person and includes all Big Sky Conference home games, as well as a rivalry game against North Dakota State.