|FRONT ROW(L to R): ; Andy Kollar, Tim O’Connell, Jason Ulmer, Lee Goren, Assistant Coach Lee Davidson, Assistant Coach Jeff Bowen, Head Coach Dean Blais, Associate Head Coach Scott Sandelin, Peter Armbrust, Brad DeFauw, Mike Commodore, Karl Goehring; MIDDLE ROW: Ryan Sofie, Chad Mazurak, Paul Murphy, Aaron Schneekloth, Pat Kenny, Mike Possin, Travis Roche, Wes Dorey, Trevor Hammer, Jeff Panzer, Jason Endres; BACK ROW: Dr. Greg Greek, Trainer Mark Poolman, Kevin Spiewak, Adrian Hasbargen, Ryan Bayda, Tim Skarperud, Jeff Yurecko, Ryan Hale, Chris Leinweber, Jason Notermann, Bryan Lundbohm, Strength Coach Paul Chapman, Equipment Manager Lee Greseth.|
Boston College vs. North Dakota
April 8, 2000
Providence Civic Center, Providence, R.I. (11,484)
1st Period- UND: Mike Commodore (Bryan Lundbohm, Tim Skarperud) 3:48; BC: Jeff Farkas (Blake Bellefeuille, Brian Gionta) 16:47 ppg
2nd Period- BC: Marty Hughes (Brian Gionta) 6:59
3rd Period- UND: Lee Goren (Ryan Bayda) 2:43; UND: Jason Ulmer (Lee Goren) 14:22; UND: Lee Goren (unassisted) 19:14 eng
Penalties: UND 7-14; BC 4-8
Power Plays: UND 0-3; BC 1-6
Shots: UND 13-12-11—36; BC 13-6-4—23
Saves: UND Goehring 12-5-4—21/60:00; BC Clemmensen 12-12-8—32/58:47
- North Dakota’s seventh NCAA Championship was also the first one played and won in the month of April.
- It was head coach Dean Blais’ second national championship in the past four years.
- Providence, R.I. has been home to three Sioux championship wins.
- UND held a 9-3-0 record against Boston College.
- Tim O’Connell, Peter Armbrust, Jason Ulmer, and Brad DeFauw won NCAA titles as freshmen in 1997 and again as seniors in 2000.
- Karl Goehring and Jeff Panzer were named first team All-Americans and Lee Goren was named second team.
- Goren was the NCAA Tournament Most Outstanding Player and on the All-Tournament Team with Bryan Lundbohm, Mike Commodore, and Goehring.
- Panzer and Goehring were named first team All-WCHA and Goren was named second team.
- Goren and Panzer each had career highs in points with 63.
- Goren led the nation in goals with 34.
- Panzer was a Hobey Baker finalist.
- All the Sioux seniors: O’Connell, Armbrust, Ulmer, DeFauw, Goren and junior Commodore went on to play professional hockey in 2001-02.