Omaha, Neb. - The University of North Dakota men's tennis team was defeated by Creighton University on Saturday evening by a score of 5-2 at the Hanscom Tennis Center.
In doubles competition, the lone winners for UND came from the duo of juniors Ryan McGuigan (Fargo, N.D.) and Grant Bakke (Bismarck, N.D.) who defeated Elliott Baker and Brandon Lee 8-4 in No. 2 doubles. Creighton earned the doubles point.
Bakke also won his singles competition by beating Quinn Dippel 6-1, 1-6, 6-1 in No. 5 singles. The other singles winner for UND was junior Josh Oothoudt (Minot, N.D.) who defeated Ryan Norman 6-1, 6-3 in No. 1 singles.
North Dakota will be idle until March 8 when it plays its first home match of the season against Montana State at Choice Health and Fitness Center.
Creighton 5, North Dakota 2
1. Josh Oothoudt (UND) def. Ryan Norman (CU) 6-1, 6-3
2. Sean Mathison (CU) def. Ryan McGuigan (UND) 6-4, 7-6 (7-5)
3. Elliott Baker (CU) def. Connor Oberle (UND) 6-1, 6-1
4. Brandon Lee (CU) def. Joe Lee (UND) 6-2, 6-4
5. Grant Bakke (UND) def. Quinn Dippel (CU) 6-1, 1-6, 6-1
6. Anthony Rauschenbach (CU) def. Will Biernat (UND) 6-2, 6-3