The purpose of the Hall of Fame is to recognize the efforts and achievements of former UND student-athletes. Individuals are selected by the UND Letterwinners Association and representatives of the UND athletic department.
The Hall of Fame is located on the upper concourse at the south end of the Ralph Engelstad Arena. Tours are available daily at 1:30 p.m. Contact the REA Sioux Shop at 701-777-6636 for more information.
Selection criteria adopted by Hall of Fame Committee, March 1973 in its Constitution and By-Laws: Minimum eligibility requirements of UND Letterwinners and Honorary Selectees are:
1) Must have attained a high degree of proficiency in athletics at UND;
2) Must have brought significant recognition to themselves and to UND because of their athletic endeavors;
3) Must be a representative example of the dedicated student-athlete and adult citizen who demonstrates high qualities of character and leadership;
4) May not be considered for nomination until at least 10 years following his or her final participation in UND athletics, and
5) Honorary membership in this Hall of Fame may be considered for a person who, through personal endeavor, leadership and sacrifice over a period of years, made an extraordinary contribution to the success of UND athletics.