GRAND FORKS, N.D. – The University of North Dakota Athletics Department is proud to announce that registration for the 2015-16 U.S. Bank and Midco Sports Network Jr. Champions, the official kids club of UND Athletics, opens on Wednesday, July 1, at 26 U.S. Bank locations across North Dakota and the Red River Valley.
Thanks to corporate sponsors U.S. Bank and Midco Sports Network, Jr. Champions will continue to be completely FREE to join. Members of Jr. Champions receive a behind-the-scenes look at UND's teams and student-athletes, as well as several fantastic perks, including:
- FREE admission to all regular season home volleyball, women's hockey and men's & women's basketball games (subject to availability)
- EXCLUSIVE discounts on select football and men's hockey tickets
- Opportunities to meet and interact with UND coaches and student-athletes at exclusive, members-only Jr. Champions events
- An official 2015-16 Jr. Champions t-shirt, lanyard and membership card
- A birthday card good for a free pizza at Deek's Pizza
- The official Jr. Champions e-newsletter
- Opportunities to be the Jr. Champions ‘Captain of the Game' and get a behind-the-scenes tour on gameday
“Once again, U.S. Bank and Midco Sports Network are partnering with UND Athletics to provide a unique and fun way for children in North Dakota and the Red River Valley to get involved with our coaches and student-athletes,” said UND Athletics Director Brian Faison. “There are some great benefits of membership but, best of all thanks to this partnership, membership in Jr. Champions is free for children ages 2 through eighth grade.”
“U.S. Bank is highly involved in our community,” said U.S. Bank Regional President John Snustad. “We look for positive ways to make a difference by supporting great local organizations like UND Athletics that engage our region's youth. Our contribution eliminates the registration fee and will allow more youth to be involved in athletics.”
“We're pleased to once again sponsor this program to give more kids the chance to experience UND Athletics up close,” said Justin Forde, Director of Public Affairs for Midcontinent Communications. “Showcasing sports, athletes, and premier athletic programs like UND is important to our Midco Sports Network team and all of our employees across North Dakota.”
Membership is open to children ages 2 or older who are in eighth grade or under. Kids can register in person for Jr. Champions at any U.S. Bank location in North Dakota or the Red River Valley during normal business hours.
Connect with U.S. Bank on social media at Facebook.com/usbank, Twitter.com/usbank and YouTube.com/usbank. Connect with Midco Sports Network on social media at Facebook.com/MidcoSN and Twitter.com/MidcoSN.