SACRAMENTO, Calif. – The University of North Dakota women’s tennis team fell to Sacramento State, 7-0, in Big Sky dual action on Saturday evening.
The Hornets were strong across the board, losing only one set to North Dakota in No. 2 doubles competition.
Sophie Allen-Fisher teamed with Mimi Yunker to defeat Sacramento’s Andie Mouzes and Karina Vyrlan 7-6. The Fighting Hawk duo has not lost a doubles set this season; going unfinished against Air Force on March 14.
North Dakota returns to play at home on Saturday April 1 to take on Northern Arizona in a Big Sky Conference dual at Choice Health & Fitness at 1 p.m.
Sacramento State 7, North Dakota 0
1. LOAIZA ESQUIVIAS, A. (SAC) def. Yunker, Mimi (UND) 6-0, 6-0
2. VYRLAN, Karina (SAC) def. Kasilingam, Preethi (UND) 6-4, 7-5
3. WICKER, Sofia (SAC) def. Lee, Faith (UND) 6-2, 6-1
4. MOUZES, Andie (SAC) def. Allen-Fisher, Sophie (UND) 6-0, 6-0
5. GULNOVA, Sofia (SAC) def. Revenig, Alex (UND) 6-2, 6-2
6. CHERNYETSKY, C. (SAC) def. Nakasato, Alysse (UND) 6-3, 6-2
1. GULNOVA, Sofia/LOAIZA ESQUIVIAS, A. (SAC) def. Kasilingam, Preethi/Lee, Faith (UND) 6-1
2. Allen-Fisher, Sophie/Yunker, Mimi (UND) def. MOUZES, Andie/VYRLAN, Karina (SAC) 7-6 (7-5)
3. CHERNYETSKY, C./WICKER, Sofia (SAC) def. Nakasato, Alysse/Revenig, Alex (UND) 6-1