GRAND FORKS, N.D. - The University of North Dakota women's tennis team blanked South Dakota State 7-0 in a border battle Saturday afternoon at Choice Health & Fitness.
The Fighting Hawks started out the dual on the right foot by winning two of the three matches in doubles play to clinch the first point of the day.
In singles play, UND won all but one set. Elly Hartnett lost the first set 3-6 in the No. 3 spot, but came back to win 6-3 in the second set, and 10-3 in a quick third set. UND's Jaylee Yasunaga earned her first collegiate sweep of her career as she blanked South Dakota's 6-0 in both sets. Yasunaga has now won for of the last five singles games. While Preethi Kasilingam has won five of the last seven games.
After a great team win from North Dakota, they hope to continue their dominant play Saturday, April 7 at Choice Health & Fitness at 1:00pm against Big Sky Conference opponent Northern Colorado
North Dakota 7, South Dakota State 0
- Palumbo, Carmen (UND) def. Ekaterina Tretyakova (SDSUW) 6-0, 6-4
- Sullivan, Isa (UND) def. Emilly Van Dijk (SDSUW) 6-0, 6-1
- Hartnett, Elly (UND) def. Morgan Brower (SDSUW) 3-6, 6-3, 10-3
- Kasilingam, Preethi (UND) def. Sidney Brower (SDSUW) 6-2, 6-1
- Finnigan, Zahra (UND) def. Laura Romero (SDSUW) 6-2, 6-4
- Yasunaga, Jaylee (UND) def. Daria Yakovleva (SDSUW) 6-0, 6-0