The tryout session is open to all full-time, academically eligible UND students with a current USGA handicap index of 3.9 or less. All players must be registered with the NCAA Eligibility Center. To register, go to www.ncaaelilgibilitycenter.org.
Target score for the 54-hole tryout will be 231 strokes or lower. There is one roster spot available for the 2015-16 season. In case of a tie, there will be a scorecard playoff or an on the course sudden death playoff. If a score of 231 or lower is not posted, the position will be filled by the golf coach.
To attend the tryout session, contact Swanson in advance at (701) 777-2155 or via email at Timothy.E.Swanson@athletics.und.edu. Students wishing to try out must provide the following by Aug. 9:
- A completed University of North Dakota Team Tryout Waiver (available at www.undsports.com/tryouts)
- Verification of handicap
- Proof of medical insurance
- Proof of a doctor's physical within the last six months
- Proof of current, full-time enrollment at UND
- An NCAA eligibility number
-- Go UND --